The Accounting Clerk is responsible for Accounts Receivable, Billing and related General Accounting. This position deals directly with internal and external customers, bank personnel, and our Corporate and Business units.
1. Oversees and manages all A/R functions and accounting applications for proper reconciliation.
2. Applies cash and does inter-company billings to other CCL locations.
3. Coordinates internal and external billing.
4. Processes credit memos to customers.
5. Works with Customer Service to recommend credit limits.
6. Calculates reserve levels for customer complaints and bad debt following corporate policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP).
7. Reconciles General Ledger accounts to sub-ledgers for all accounts related to areas of responsibility.
8. Recommends customer holds.
9. Maintains sales tax documentation and certificates.
10. Prepares month-end journal entries for accounts receivable and sales.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· General ledger account reconciliation
· Automated Accounts Receivable and Billing Program
· Knowledge in credit and collection practices
· Credit limits for customers
· Oversee the remedy of customer complaints
· Skilled in approach with customers on collections
· Accounts Receivable and Billing principles
· English proficient (speak, write and read)
· Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PPT) & PC Systems knowledge and computer skills
· Strong Decision Making Skills
The information in this description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualification and performance standards required for this position.
CCL provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com